Pages

5.18.2010

Family Wins

A new day has arrived.

I woke up this morning wondering what the day would hold.
Will today be a tough one?
Who will I see?
Will I feel new things?
What will I experience?
Will I remember how to get there?
Can I wait until tomorrow to put gas in the car?

I'm sure there were plenty more to add to the list, but I'll stick with those for now.

Initially, I expected today to be "hang out with mom" day.
Unfortunately, she was not home by the time I woke up, which for me was early(11am).

I called her asking how she expected us to hang out if she left so soon. She explained that she had waited for hours for me to wake up. Hours? Really? When on earth did she wake up?? Not only when, but why so early?
I guess it's a mom thing.

We talked for a little before she told me to just hang out with my friends and if I end up having nothing to do to call her cause she will drop everything to hang out with me.

Man.
She really thinks I'm a big deal.
Drop everything just to hang out with ME?

Needless to say, I felt very special this morning.

While I did not end up hanging out with her, I did hang out with Anda and Abi.
At first Abi forgot who I was, but then she warmed up to me and it was awesome.

Around 5pm, Steve came home.
I really like Steve.
I really like Anda.
I really like Abi.
I really like that little family.
I already know that I will really like baby #2.

Who am I kidding?.. I love that little family.

I got to talk to them a lot tonight. It was nice.

Most of my life I was the little cousin to Steve and Pete. I always felt that they were older, and we would never be able to really 'talk'(and if you know me, you know how much I love to talk). I don't think I can express in words how happy I am that things change when you get older. I can hang out with Pete now and I don't feel like the little cousin. I feel like we are two really awesome people, who happen to be cousins, hanging out.

I had such a good time talking and just being around Steve and Anda tonight.
It's refreshing to be able to talk to people so openly, especially when you never got a chance to before.
I love discovering similarities between us.
It's definitely the best.

I was really hoping to hang out with quite a few people today.
I expected that I would be 'friend hopping' all night.
As it turns out, I spent the entire day at their house, and to be honest, I would not have had it any other way. It was really that fantastic. Really.

I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed about tomorrow.

My last full day here.

I feel like I still have to see so many people, and realistically that's just not going to happen.

I can already hear the disappointed guilt trips from people when they find out I came to visit, and had the audacity to not hang out with them, much less tell them I was here.

It's rough.
Especially because I am such a people pleaser.

I have to constantly remind myself of the priorities I set for this trip.
"I came here to spend time with my family."
"I came here to spend time with my family."
"I came here to spend time with my family."

So far, I have done just that, and it has been really great.
I am hoping people understand, although I have a strong feeling that they won't.

Tomorrow morning we're meeting for breakfast with the family.
After that, I'm not really sure what will take place.
I still need to see Carol, the Vicovans, the Ciurdars, Lilly, and BILLY!

No, you are not seeing things. You read that correctly.
Evie. You mean to tell me that you have been in Florida since Friday, and you STILL have not see your own brother??

Yep. That is correct. I am a horrible sister.
However, I do intend on seeing him tomorrow, even if he is the only one I see.

If you have read this entire post, and feel unsure as to what the point of it all was, do not be alarmed. I assure you nothing is wrong.

To clear things up a bit, the moral of my rambling is:

Family wins.


And that's how the cookie crumbles.

1 comment:

  1. you're not a horrible sister. you're an incredibly sister, daughter, niece, cousin...everything. Your family is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete