Pages

2.19.2011

Veggie Quesadillas

I have been wanting to make quesadillas for quite some time now, but keep forgetting about it. Well, today I thought about it. I had left over tortillas and cheese and thought it would be good for some boring cheese quesadillas.  Little did I know, my fridge/pantry had all the ingredients for the most delicious veggie quesadillas we've ever dreamed of (yes, I realize it may sound like a slight over exaggeration, but rest assured it is not). It doesn't hurt that they are ridiculously easy to prepare.

So I was looking in the fridge, and I see cheese, red pepper, onion, garlic, and tortillas.
Then, I looked in the pantry and I found cans of black beans and corn.

Well, you can probably guess that this is what our meal consisted of.

Anyways, I looked online and found a recipe that included all of these things.
The original recipe has some extra things and slight alterations, if you're interested.

The thing is, what I didn't notice until after making this, is that the recipe was enough for 12 servings. That's right. 12. I didn't see the option where you could change it to whatever serving size you want.
Needless to say, we have some left over :)


On his way home, Ruben picked up some sour cream and guacamole.
I know, it would have been cool if I made everything, but I didn't have any avocados.

So before I share the recipe,
I just want to make sure you are aware of the serving size :)
That would be 12.

Ingredients

  • Pam Original Cooking Spray
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
  • 12 (12 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese

Directions

  1. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with Pam, and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Mix in beans, bell pepper, and corn; cook until heated through.
  2. Spread 6 tortillas with equal amounts of the bean and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with equal amounts of the Cheddar cheese, and top with the remaining tortillas to form quesadillas.
  3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with Pam. Place quesadillas in the skillet and cook, turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are lightly browned.

I took the pictures with my phone, but you get the idea:


We had taco tortillas, not burrito ones.
So they turned out a smaller (6in vs 12in).

I added chips, guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
I'll be honest, this meal was seriously, unexpectedly incredible and so easy!

Try it. You'll see.


I plan to use the left overs for breakfast tacos tomorrow.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment