Pages

3.06.2011

Biscuits

This morning I woke up thinking of when I was little.

My mom used to take us to McDonald's for breakfast sometimes.
I was a picky little eater.
I would ask for a plain biscuit and some grape jam.

I don't even have words to describe what my brain remembers of this biscuit/jam mixture. It's weird how memories from when you were little stick with you. This morning, I decided I wanted to recreate my delicious breakfast treat.

So friends, this morning I had biscuits with some grape jelly, butter, and eggs.
Yum.

I was not disappointed.
Did I mention how ridiculously EASY it is to make these biscuits??

All you need is some basic All-Purpose Baking Mix (Sara Lee, Bisquick, Aldi, etc.) and milk.

That's right.
Just the mix and milk.
2 1/4 cup of the all-purpose baking mix
1/4 milk
That's it!

The box also includes a bunch of easy recipes like pancakes, biscuits, shortcakes, muffins, waffles, banana bread, etc. All the recipes are just as easy to make. They just include a few more ingredients.

When I discovered this mix a year ago, my life was changed.
I know, it's sad that I only discovered it a year ago, but hey.
Better late than never, right?

Anyways, the recipe:

Preheat oven to 450. Place mix and milk into mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together into soft dough. Turn out of bowl onto surface lightly dusted with baking mix. Fold dough (knead) three or four times (do not knead excessively).
Roll or pat dough to desired thickness (about 1/2-inch). Cut with 2 1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter (I substituted one of my glasses because I don't have biscuit cutters) and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8-10 biscuits.

Note:
The opening of my glass was 2 1/2 inches, like the recipe called for. When I make these again I am probably going to make them bigger. It depends what you use them for. We are going to use them for egg sandwiches next time. At this size, the egg doesn't fit properly. If they are just a side to your meal, then this size is perfect.

Fun Fact: 
This is actually the same mix you would use to make those delicious Cheddar Biscuits I told you guys I wanted to make. I haven't made those yet, but don't worry I haven't forgotten.

Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. i'm gonna raid your kitchen more often.
    also, love the new layout :]

    ReplyDelete