Pages

1.16.2011

Hot dogs for Breakfast

Ok so this morning Ruben and I were like, "What should we make today so we can have something different?"

So Ruben was like, "Let's make scrambled eggs and bagels."

And I was like, "What if we use the hot dogs we just bought too?"

Ruben was like, "Hot dogs with eggs? That actually sounds good.. I used to eat that when I was little."

I was like, "AWESOME! Let's do it!"

THEN, I was like, "Should we use hot dog buns instead of bagels?"

Ruben was like, "Good idea!"

Then, Ruben was like, "Oh! I'm gonna melt cheese on top of my eggs, do you want it on yours too?"

And I was like, "OHHH!! WHAT IF WE MELT THE CHEESE ON THE BUNS FIRST AND THEN PUT THE EGGS ON IT!!?!"

So, that's what we did, and it was AMAZING!!!!

You can't tell that the hot dog buns were stuffed with the egg/cheese/ hot dog mixture cause I took the pictures too late, but you have to believe me that it was SOOOO GGOOOODDDD!!!!! 

I will make sure to take photos before eating almost the entire thing next time :)




Ingredients:
2 Hebrew National hot dogs (seriously, the best brand I've ever had)
6 eggs
4 slices American cheese (the real kind, not the processed cheese food slices)
2 hot dog buns (we had pretty big ones with sesame seeds on top)

Directions:
Cut the hot dogs into small pieces. Fry them until you are pleased. I prefer mine almost burnt. :) Once your hot dogs are how you want them, add in the eggs. Wait till they cook a little before you scramble them in the pan. Meanwhile, get your buns ready by putting 2 slices of cheese on each bun and microwaving them for 40 seconds each so that they cheese is perfectly melted. Finally, add your egg/hot dog mixture to your buns and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. i love this post because i can actually hear you two talking :] you guys are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. i'm going to buy some hotdogs next time i'm at the store. except i'll be getting nathan's...those are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess, i've used this technique ( minus the bun) in the past when there was no bacon to be found in the fridge... and I must say it was pleasing to my palate ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So your original ideea of bagel and scrambled eggs turned WILD!!! I loooooooooove it!!!! Evie says...Ruben says...funny stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete